This page offers businesses in the Forestry & Timber Sector the opportunity to advertise Job vacancies
Recruit Island on behalf of our client is seeking an Environmental Specialist within a forest department.
closing date 8th November 2019
The main purpose for this role is to lead the implementation of the internal audit function in relation to Health and Safety, Environment and Quality standards. Ensure management systems, processes and audit function are continually improving the implementation of these standards and responsible for delivering hydrological and environmental expertise to the successful management of the business while meeting best international practice.
As a core member of the team you will be expected to:
- Manage the co-ordination of Environment, Health & Safety and Quality Audits.
- Complete trend analysis and develop insights and strategies to improve performance & compliance.
- Prepare the monthly Internal Audit Key Performance Indicator reports.
- Lead the Quarterly Quality Assessor presentations to each Business Area Units (BAUs)ensure accurately interpretation of audit results and improvement opportunities.
- Provide specialist input into the Quarterly Risk Review, Safety Committee and Environment Management Plan Meetings.
- Develop and deliver on annual Quality Audit Plans.
- Responsible for ensuring our audit standards and protocols accurately reflect our obligations and commitment under FSC, PEFC and OHSAS 18001 standards, Forest Service and company compliance procedures and policies.
- Proactively review and develop QA audit protocols on a periodic basis based on feedback from QAs, audit verifiers, BAU and senior Forest Management.
- Develop and implement effective management strategies and programmes to ensure ongoing protection of the water environment in compliance with the EU Water Framework and Habitats Directives and Certification Standards.
- Identify and address key information gaps on best forest management practices in the forests hydrology.
- Support delivery on environmental programmes/projects in conjunction with other key environmental regulatory stakeholders and/or universities.
- Champion and communicate the awareness of protecting the aquatic environment to BAU staff.
- Provide a hydrological and environmental advice and associated environmental areas.
- Proactively become a 'key influencer' on a national scale on the best forest practices and measures to be adopted to ensure compliance with the Water Framework Directive.
Desired Technical/Professional Competencies
Education and Experience:
- Relevant environmental/science/forestry qualification (at least HETAC Level 8) with a good understanding of water hydrology or related area plus 5 years relevant experience. Experience in project management with a proven track record of delivering on objectives.
- Possess a good knowledge environmental compliance and auditing.
- Demonstrate an ability to positively engage and negotiate with environmental regulators and non-government agencies alike.
- Regulatory Compliance: Knowledge and experience to promote a safe-working environment and ensure compliance with environmental, regulatory and quality standards.
- Advocacy / PR: Knowledge of advocating sustainable forest management positions with an array of stakeholders and key influencers.
Full & Part Time Positions Available
Coolrain Sawmills Ltd. is a progressive Irish owned company that since it's foundation in 1984, has become one of Ireland's top producers of fencing, timber panels, decking, timber entrance & field gates and commercial timbers.
Location: Coolrain, Co. Laois
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
- Production Operatives (Full & Part Time)
- Front Loading Shovel Drivers (Full & Part Time)
- 360 Excavator Drivers (Full & Part Time)
The candidate should possess:
- Excellent Verbal English Skills
- For driver positions, past driving experience and valid license is essential
- Must be able to work on own initiative and under pressure
We thank all those who apply; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.