This page offers businesses in the Forestry & Timber Sector the opportunity to advertise Job vacancies
Worrell Harvesting Ltd is a leading supplier of biomass and logs to the Irish Market. With our state-of-the-art Harvesters, Forwarders, Chippers, Trucks with log trailers and walking floor trailers we can supply 250,000 m3 per year of product and growing this by 50,000 m3 per year on year. Studies show that in a small tree, half the tree is being wasted and left in the forest. With Worrell Harvestings unique harvesting method we can recover 50% to 100% of the brash, still leaving the nutrients behind in the forest.
With our companies one-stop-shop method means the timber supplier has only one person from Harvesting to Market.
This gives forestry owners more revenue, better silverculture thinning, less damage to the forest floor, and the revenue from the brash in harvesting Clearfell covers most of your cost of replanting a full stocking of trees. This also means that there is four times more biomass per hectare coming off a typical 1st thinning. This biomass can be used for the increasing demand coming from the SSRH and Bord na Mona power station.
Description of Role:
Worrell Harvesting are seeking an experienced Forester. The ideal candidate should be a team player who can promote our new efficient biomass harvesting methods, liaise with new and existing customers, and prepare documentation relating to sites including harvest management plans, risk assessment & paperwork for submission to the relevant authorities. Suitable applicant would be based in the Midlands but must be prepared to work all over the country.
- A relevant qualification or minimum 2 years’ experience.
- Full clean driving license
- Excellent communication & organisational skills
- Good time management ability to work to tight deadlines
- Self-starter who is flexible
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the purchase of private standing timber,
- Manage the efficient harvesting, extraction and haulage of timber
- Co-ordinate machine movement, (working with the haulage manager)
- Company vehicle laptop and phone will be supplied.
- Generous bonus paid for meeting and exceeding targets.
- Massive potential for the right person.
Please Note: Closing date for this position: Friday 6th of September at 5.30pm
About the company:
Established in 2018, Arbor Forest Management Ltd. is one of the newest forestry companies in the industry. However with over 40 years of combined experience, our professional team provides a high quality service to clients nationwide, managing forest portfolios on a turnkey basis.
Our key goal is to provide forest management services to the highest professional standards, with our primary focus being on increasing the value of land to the forest owner.
The successful candidate will be required to recruit new clients, liaise directly with new and existing clients, provide advice on all aspects of forest management, manage forest portfolios, liaise with both forest establishment contractors and harvesting contractors, prepare paperwork to be submitted to the relevant authorities, prepare reports, and carry out GIS system updates and mapping. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- A relevant third level qualification;
- Full, clean driving licence;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills;
- Excellent IT and GIS skills;
- Ability to work to deadlines;
- Self-motivator with the ability to work within a team;
- Interest in certification is desirable.
A competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Sales Admin/ Management Support Position
The Irish Forestry Unit Trust (IForUT) presently owns a forest portfolio of over 20,000 ha valued in excess of .290m in Ireland & the UK and a further $45m of timberland assets in North America on behalf of Irish institutional investors. Due to an expanding and maturing forestry portfolio, a sales admin/ management support position is now required. This position will be primarily focused on timber sales management but will also assist other business functions as and when required.
- looking for a career in a dynamic and sustainable industry
- comfortable with technology
- driven by innovation
- able to see the bigger organisational picture
What you will need:
- a business administration and/ or forestry background
- experience of a MS Office 365 environment
- excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- an ability to self-manage workloads and priorities
What we can offer:
- a challenging role within an experienced team
- focused career path and mentoring
- professional development and business schooling
- remuneration aligned to career progression
Irish Forestry Unit Trust Forestry Management Ltd. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland
Full & Part Time Positions Available
Coolrain Sawmills Ltd. is a progressive Irish owned company that since it's foundation in 1984, has become one of Ireland's top producers of fencing, timber panels, decking, timber entrance & field gates and commercial timbers.
Location: Coolrain, Co. Laois
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
- Production Operatives (Full & Part Time)
- Front Loading Shovel Drivers (Full & Part Time)
- 360 Excavator Drivers (Full & Part Time)
The candidate should possess:
- Excellent Verbal English Skills
- For driver positions, past driving experience and valid license is essential
- Must be able to work on own initiative and under pressure
We thank all those who apply; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.